Sierra Vista, AZ asked in Child Custody for Arizona

Q: How do I obtain custody of my grandchildren! How does my don get full custody of his children?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rich J. Peters
Rich J. Peters
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: There is so much to answer here, I cannot do so by email. We should meet.

As a Grandparent, you have the right to (1) seek Grandparent's Visitation", or (2) seek a Voluntary Guardianship, or (3) seek a Permanent Guardianship; or (4) seek a Termination of both parent's rights.

As a Father, I would need to know more about his situation in Order to assess what can be filed. Are there any Court Orders already in place between him and Mother?

Please come in soon. We can certainly help you both consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free ½ hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call to schedule your free ½ hour consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.