Hattiesburg, MS asked in Child Support and Family Law for Mississippi

Q: After 5 years of trying, I was finally awarded a child support order. I was told that the absent father was ordered to

Pay over $600 per month. However, I have only received 3 $50 payments. Why am I not receiving the amount that was ordered in the judgment? Why am I not consistently receiving payments? Should the payments come on the same day every month?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: It sounds like you may need to consider talking to a family law attorney to file a contempt action against the father for failure to adequately pay child support, as he should be paying the full amount on a regular basis.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.