Kingwood, TX asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Illinois

Q: How do I terminate a guardianship from Illinois? My daughter's guardians have taken my daughter with no contact.

Her legal guardians have taken my daughter from me, filed an emergency motion in Illinois stating to the Judge that they are deciding who speaks/ sees to her, and that they would deny any contact from both parents. My ex (her father) was released from jail with 2 counts of continuous family violence and is on probation living with the guardians where she is currently living.

2 Lawyer Answers
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: Sounds like there was a case pending in Illinois. If there is an order there contact an attorney in that county in that state. Good luck!

Kiele Linroth Pace agrees with this answer

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Austin, TX

A: Re-post this question with the jurisdiction set to Illinois instead of Texas... even if YOU are currently in Texas it sounds like you need help in an Illinois court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.