Hudson, FL asked in Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: My 15 year old son has 6 domestic battery charges from assaulting me I fear him how can I get him out of my house

He has bruised his 6 yr old brother and destroyed walls and doors does drugs and alcohol they give him home detention he broke that then ankle monitor he cut that off now he’s in JDC for 21 days and I HAVE TO PICK HIM UP OR I GOTO jail never been there don’t deserve to go for not picking up my abuser HELP

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: One route is to file an injunction to keep him away from you. Also, if he has an open criminal case, the judge more likely than not, have requested him to be away from you, your house, your place of employment, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.