Brenham, TX asked in Child Support for Texas

Q: failure to pay child support and visitation

My child’s father is 6 months behind on payments. He does not update his job info when he gets another job. He has two other children he had after ours was born. He had not seen her in more than 6 months. Will that affect my payments and will his visitation rights be taken away? On the court papers it states that he had to come to my town the first 20 visits but has only seen her twice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy Lyn Wincott
Tammy Lyn Wincott
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The payments will be effected if he files a motion to modify based on his additional children. The visitation will not be effected by his lack of payments; however, he may loose rights through abandonment if he continues to lack contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.