Murray, KY asked in Workers' Compensation for Kentucky

Q: How long can WC delay TTD for a job related injury in ky? It's been over a month without surgery approval or TTD.

I was hurt on 11/06/19, the dr took me off work on 12/03/19 after the MRI results came in showing I have a full thickness tear of my supraspinatus tendon in my left shoulder. My doctor requested surgery approval. I have not received the approval or TTD and it's been 30+ days. It was turned in the day I got hurt.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon Voelker
Brandon Voelker
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Covington, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can file a complaint with the Commissioner of the Department of Workers Claim for violations of the Unfair Claims Practice Act, for essentially failing to respond to a request timely. Unfortunately, the remedy is the Workers Compensation Board may fine the employer, but you do not receive the money. The complaint likely will make them respond though. Lastly, you should file the claim with a workers compensation judge and seek an order for relief.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.