Lake Park, GA asked in Education Law for Georgia

Q: I would like to go to nursing school or have a professional lisence abling me to get out of poverty with my children. I

I have a florida grand theft withheld of adjudication from over 7 years ago. Ga now requires level 2 background checks. Is there any way I can be forgiven for my past so my kids future can be better

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Education Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: More information is needed before an accurate answer can be provided. It is best to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your case.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: Contact the State Bar of Georgia; they have legal aid resources for low-income Georgians. Search for pro bono (no charge) criminal lawyers in your area. If you are not able to find someone who could help you, reach out to criminal law or criminal procedure professors at law schools, or criminal justice professors at colleges - maybe you could persuade a sympathetic professor to have their students work on your matter. Or maybe they could direct you to someone in their networks. Look into low-income law clinics. Look into online schools and scholarships if childcare and tuition present challenges.

I hope you're able to find the help you need to turn things around for the better for you and your family. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.