Fairview, OR asked in Domestic Violence for Oregon

Q: how can a judge give my domestic abuser power of attorney and control over my home which was then lost

we had a life time no contact order he has a very long criminal record . We were never married . The judge gave him power of attorney and he took my house made me over and let it sit empty until squatters moved in and destroyed it. 289k in damages. He never had to pay for any thing including my 135k in attorney fees fighting the foreclosure. he kept his million dollars and I had negative 349 in the bank and our son. what I dont see is we were not married . he admitted he had not worked in 5 years . i put him out on a protection order for abuse . He has a drug problem and ended up in prison. I attempted to but another home an there was a judgment the ex had and blew the second home I was living in that I arranged to buy by my self and I had to move because of the same judge not following the law and allowed for an illegal agreement . I am now home less and unemployed due to my home based landscape business i ran for 25 years could not be ran from a hotel. My rights are violated?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: This is just too complicated of a fact situation for me to even comment on. If you want a legal opinion you will need to talk to an Attorney in an office consultation where the Attorney has access to the case history and can review it with you. See an Attorney in the jurisdiction where this took place.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.