Orem, UT asked in Traffic Tickets for Utah

Q: I received a ticket from an officer code 41-6a-601on my ticket. Said I was speeding 52 mph in a 25 mph.

I received a ticket from an officer code 41-6a-601on my ticket. Said I was speeding 52 mph in a 25 mph. On the ticket it also shows He charged me at 32mph over. I called the Court and they said I have a mandatory appearance. I asked why. I was told because I’m being charged with reckless driving and they gave this code 41-6a-528.

I said that’s not correct. The receptionist said that’s what we have in our system and that’s what I’m being charged with. Is that legal to change my ticket? And how do I find out if they have a typo?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lane Wood
Lane Wood
  • St. George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Generally speaking the Court will set a mandatory appearance for anything 31 mph over the speed limit. While the charges in court generally match a citation, it is not impossible to add other charges. I would recommend contacting a local attorney to help address this issue. They should be able to search by name to see what the current charges are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.