Asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My fiancee has been on a probation hold for almost 2 long can they hold her without a charge being filled?

My fiancee has been put in jail on probation violation(no new charges) just a so called dirty urine test. Which is bull cause the probation officer took her in on opioids which were prescribed by a legit neurologist. The lawyer she has now has not done anything to date he has seen her only once and keeps her in the dark. How long can they keep my fiance in jail without filing any charges? There has been no motion to revoke as of yet nor any other charges. Please fiance is in angelina county jail at the moment.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Ryan Thiessen
Mark Ryan Thiessen
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: So she was on probation, violated allegedly and is still in? That lawyer needs to approach immediately and ask for a bond. They cannot revoke her probation without a hearing. She is usually entitled to a bond, unless very rare circumstances. How did she even get picked up? They have a warrant? and if it was a violation based on prescription meds then that should be easy to beat. Get that lawyer to get her a bond or set it for a hearing date. Sorry to hear you're going through this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.