Fleming Island, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: Should you have to complete a case plan for a dependency case if your child neglect case was dropped due to false info

My home was raided because they thought we were selling and manufacturing drugs which we were not.when they realized they they had no manufacturing,or selling charge,not even a possession charge they turned it into a child neglect charge.all of the accusations they listed for child neglect were not true.our child neglect charges were dropped when motion of particulence was asked for.now I m still fighting the dependency case and they are trying to make me do a case plan before returning my child.the dependency case was a result of the child neglect which there was none and the child neglect was dropped so shouldn't the dependency case be dropped as well.this all went down September 26, our charges were dropped shortly after and I am still without my little boy and fighting to have him returned.they want me to complete a case plane that could take up to 6 months to a year.we also were slander all over the news and social media as 1 of the top 10 drug bust in which was not true

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Until any court dismisses your case, you will need to continue and comply with the case plan. I suggest scheduling a consult with a family/dependency attorney who would be better suited to help you with your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.