Portland, OR asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Washington

Q: In a non parent custody case when non parent is deinig any visitation to parents no visitations plan in motion

In my case at original time case opened no set visitation plan was written down and the parents signed only tempery custody till they got back on there feet but parties have diened visitation for a year and a have with minor

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin R. Richardson
Kevin R. Richardson
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Seattle, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Speak to an attorney. There are a lot of facts left out, but it sounds like there is an open case with the court. To find an another key, there are local Bar Associations referral services, pro bono clinics in many areas, and the court itself will likely have resources on area programs.

Long story short, you need to get a court order that is in the children's best interests and sets out what needs to be done on your end.

However there are a lot of legal issues at work. An attorney should be able to help

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.