Asked in Immigration Law for Minnesota

Q: Any way to change deportation status after 10+ yrs

My wife of 12yrs has a deportation status but never deported or remove because her county is not willing to take people back yet (Vietnam and she was here as of 1985 and she has the deportation status before we go marry and I am a US Citizen). Is there any way we could get her status back? Any form we could apply to remove the deportation status? It been close to 15yrs she has the deportation status and still in the US.

Thanks for any advice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Bailey
William Bailey
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Bloomington, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: This is a complex question. Certainly not the kind of question to be answered off the cuff on a site like this. I suggest you and your wife consult with an immigration lawyer to learn all of your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.