Commerce City, CO asked in Traffic Tickets for Colorado

Q: i received a speeding ticket in commerce city, co. the ticket was missing my physical information.

i got a 12pt speeding ticket now waiting for a court date by mail i received a motion to amend the missing information and it was granted what should i do next

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K. McHugh
Brian K. McHugh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Littleton, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Now that the ticket has been corrected, it is like any other ticket. You go to court and see what sort of plea bargain the prosecutor will offer you. You can hire an attorney to represent you. Once you know what the prosecutor's final plea bargain offer is, you will need to make a decision - accept the offer or go to trial on the original charge.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.