San Jose, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for Colorado

Q: Mandatory court summons for speeding and I've moved out of state. How to resolve this without going to court?

I got a mandatory summons for doing 77 in a 55 zone in Commerce City, CO. I moved to CA state the week after this happened. I got my court date and I can afford to pay the fine but traveling to CO is a hassle and I cannot afford that. I don't have any other moving or non-moving violations. Is there an easy way to resolve this? Can I avoid going to court and perhaps get a reduced fine/points?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K. McHugh
Brian K. McHugh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Littleton, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can hire an attorney to appear on your behalf. The attorney will ask the judge to waive your appearance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.