Hughson, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: Can my father sell my home that he and my mother grant deeded to me two years ago

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Donald M Barker
Donald M Barker
  • irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your situation is as clear and simple as you state, than most likely, "No." BUT: I do not think your "situation" is as clear and simple as stated. You may be referring to your Parent's Trust or Living Will, under which you were/are to get the home.

In that case, if the trust or will is revocable (Most are) then your Parents can do as they please, including amending the trust or sell the home.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.