Atlanta, GA asked in Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Georgia

Q: Last year I consigned for a car with my ex. She agreee to pay the monthly car note on it. She ended up totalling it

She has said through text messages numerous times that she was going to set up payment arrangements to pay the rest off. She still owes about 6000 and has not set any arrangements. I am having to try to pay it off so it does not continue to affect my credit. She has recently moved to Michigan. I able to file a civil suit against her.

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Yes, you are able to file a civil suit against her for breach of contract. It may be best to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your case.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.