Cheraw, SC asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: Taken my Dui to criminal Court and told there is additional jail time past my 48hrs how much time if conv. 7 days min?

Told there was additional jail time because I decided to fight it in criminal Court, and if I don't take the guilty plea and still found guilty I will have to finish my 48hrs and have more time added? bac wasn't over.20 so what am I looking at 7 days minimum. I know the max

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You already know...7 days to serve, on a 11 mo/29 day Sentence. But you also have all the First Offense DUI requirements which are extensive and expensive. At Criminal Court you can file Motions, like Suppression, Discovery, Bifurcated Trial, etc. Giving BAC was a mistake, but maybe consent could be attacked. Get your lawyer to do his job. The worst case is the Judge gives you the full Sentence to serve.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.