Calhoun, GA asked in Education Law for Georgia

Q: While a tribuanl is in process or even aftet one is over can a student if parent wants it done can the student transfer

My son has went through this and we are being treated very unfairly and all he wants is his regular classes and band and they are not getting in contact with us about anything and he just wants to go to school and we know nothing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Education Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Parents have the right to transfer their student at any time, whether it’s before, during or after a tribunal. It is always best to consult an attorney who can represent your student. An education law attorney will ensure the school is conducting the tribunal in a fair and equitable manner. An education law attorney knows what the law permits and forbids.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.