Stockton, CA asked in Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Will my son have a malpractice case or personal injury

My son was see in the ER for an infection on his right foot it was Swollen and painful the doctor cut his foot open and drained it but was not probably drained and the infection had gotten worse his pain was so out of control that we mad several visit to the same ER For the same reason I then took him to another ER in Stockton and then Kaiser in Manteca transported him to Santa Clara wher he was hospitalized for MRSA on foot and lungs infection

1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your son has a case, it would be for malpractice. Getting an MRSA infection is not, by itself, evidence of malpractice. You should contact a medical malpractice attorney to discuss the issue. Your son's medical records will need to be obtained from every ER where he was seen, as well as the Santa Clara hospital. The attorney will need to have those records reviewed by an ER physician to evaluate whether there is evidence of malpractice. This will cost thousands of dollars and there is no guarantee of the result of this evaluation. Even if the evaluation is positive, the ER physician will then retain his own expert who will, no doubt, have a contrary opinion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.