Orangeburg, SC asked in Uncategorized for South Carolina

Q: my grandson was put on probation 3 years ago with court ordered inhouse rehab, this never happened thru probation.

only answer I received last week was I wasn't working here then, he has been in probation violation for 2 years, his Dad did put him rehab in april 2019 but he only stayed 30 days, but last week he decided he would voluntarily turn himself in to jail. He wanted to man up and put this behind him. It has been 1 week with no bond hearing yet. Did probation drop the ball on this as far as rehab portion? I am a 68 yr old disabled senior citizen and am his only maternal figure in his life, his mom has died. I am living only on social security so my funds are limited. Can someone please help me help him! Yes what he did was wrong and I am not condoning it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan D Templeton
Ryan D Templeton
  • Summerville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: I would recommend either reaching out to an attorney in the area where your grandson is in jail or to the public defenders office. He is entitled to an attorney at his probation violation hearing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.