Saint Paul, MN asked in Civil Litigation for Illinois

Q: I am Pro se.Rule 213 Witness List. 1) what do I do if I do not have a witnesses address at the time my documents r do?

2) what do if a witness fears the other side and does not what them to have her address or phone#? 3) I have a witness that is giving me documents only and will not be appearing in court due to health reasons and lives out of state, do I need to state something concerning that under that persons name?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marilyn  Johnson
Marilyn Johnson

A: You should file your witness list on a timely basis and under the witness' name put 'Investigation Continues'. When you get the address then amend your witness list. If you do not want to disclose an address for a witness, file a motion and request the court that the address not be disclosed for your reasons stated. The documents from the witness who cannot appear may not be allowed to be presented by the court. It depends what they are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.