Slidell, LA asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Louisiana

Q: Can I get in trouble for sending 2 explicit pictures to an older woman I used to be involved with?

We were in the middle of having conversation about meeting up again and she asked me to be her date to a wedding when I sent the pictures. (The pictures were of myself) She sent one text the next day telling me to have a good morning and a great day. 2 hours later her daughter calls me saying she has a tablet connected to her moms phone. (She’s 30) and she was reporting the pictures to Livingston police. And threaten to have her uncle come kill me(something about her kids could have seen the tablet too) I just sent them mid conversation but is it a crime if we were already involved with each other? I have not heard anything from her since her daughter has called. Not a text, call, literally nothing.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Call a criminal attorney. They will charge you with revenge porn felony.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.