Louisiana Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers

Q: how long can a 21 year old get for having sexual relations with a 16 year old

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Louisiana on
Answered on Dec 27, 2018
Ellen Cronin Badeaux's answer
Don't do it. If you already have, hire a criminal defense attorney.

Q: My manager has been touching me inappropriately. What can I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Louisiana on
Answered on Jan 25, 2018
Natalie Blackman's answer
File a claim with the EEOC for sex discrimination. You can find the intake questionnaire at eeoc.gov. You should also gather any documentation you have to prove that you have reported these instances to the District Manager.

Q: I'm currently on leave for PTSD caused by sexual harassment. The owners were aware I was sexually abused when younger.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Sexual Harassment, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Louisiana on
Answered on Jan 25, 2018
Natalie Blackman's answer
Employment law cases are fact sensitive so I cannot assess your chances of winning in Court based on the information provided; however, you should definitely file a claim with the EEOC. Mediation is optional; however, if your employer agree to it, it would not hurt you to go through mediation. If mediation fails, you can still request a Right to Sue (after 180 days) and take it to court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.