Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law, Adoption, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Florida

Q: I want to keep my unborn baby out of the system. I have three kids i just had a tpr on... Can i sign baby over to dad?

Im in florida. The father has no criminal history and makes great money and dorsnt do drugs. Cant i just sign the baby over before ots born to avoid it going into the system?

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Since you are not married the best thing to do before the baby is born is to make sure the father agrees to claim the baby is his and have the hospital or doctor put his name on the birth certificate. Then you can start proceedings to turn the child over to their legal father.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.