Houston, TX asked in Child Support for Texas

Q: Who does one contact? Child support is not being received after paid by non-custodial parent.

I am the custodial parent. My children's father gets disability. Child support is taken from his check. Well I stopped receiving it back in November. I've contacted the OAG who stated they have not received anything from him. I confronted him, at which he showed me the garnishment online for child support. I again contact the OAG who showed me a print out of what they have received and it shows the last time they received a payment from him was in November of last year.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy L. Wincott
Tammy L. Wincott
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If he's receiving disability then he should find out if disability is turning it over to the OAG office or holding it. It's his responsibility to make sure you get it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.