Colorado Springs, CO asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: Can my Criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and intimidation class d felonies be reduced to misdemeanors ?

I plead guilty to criminal recklessness(with deadly weapon)and intimidation on January 25 2015 in Clark county and was released on 4 years of probation. I was originally arrested on

January 26,2014. I served one year before the guilty plea .I was told that after completing probation I could get those felonies reduced to misdemeanors. I thought this was on the plea agreement but it is not. I have contacted the public defender who represented me his name is Mitchel Harlen. He contacted me and told me it wasn't on the plea deal and he was going to review the court video to see if it was mentioned he said he could use that but if not he said he would petition the prosecutor. When he came to with the deal the main reasons I took the deal was for those felonies to be reduced to misdemeanors. I completed my probation January 25 2019 with no infractions and was released. I'm trying to better my life and find a good job and housing since I have relocated to Colorado

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kurt Schnepper
Kurt Schnepper
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Evansville, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: It's possible, but you're going to need an experienced attorney to make it happen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.