Dresden, ME asked in Family Law for Maine

Q: My ex husband was fired from his job and has not paid alimony. We have 2 kids that live with me now and there is no

Court order for child support bc at the time of divorce they lived with him. Motion to modify?? Where should I start

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Guillory
Robert Guillory

A: You should file a motion to modify and a motion to enforce. Both forms are available online at the maine judicial website under court forms or you can pick up the paper forms at any courthouse. You should do this immediately as the child support will only go as far back as when you serve your ex with the motion to modify primary residence and child support. You should consult a lawyer near you for some help.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.