Fort Worth, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My husband was arrested yesterday for sexual assault against a minor. What's our next step?

He is already on probation for a case that happened after this newest allegation so he hasn't reoffended. He has done everything that is required of him on the probation period he's currently on. What do we need to do to get him out of jail? Is there a lawyer that would maybe take his case pro bono?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Lee Warren
Roy Lee Warren
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I would say the chances of finding a pro bono lawyer are slim but you may be able to obtain someone that will charge a reasonable rate and take payments. Many times the difference in the price between a good lawyer and a great lawyer is very similar, the key is to find a lawyer that your comfortable with. For instance I heard a lawyer speaking with a client that he was appointed to defend and the lawyer actually said he does not work as hard on court appointments because he does not get paid to. Personally I find that statement replusive, lawyer should work as hard or harder on those cases.

You may be able to obtain a lawyer that can asssist with an attorney bond so hiring the lawyer will serve as a bond to get released. Best of luck to you.

Kiele Linroth Pace agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.