Dallas, TX asked in Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: So was injured back in 2011 did the whole workers comp thing. Come 2013 they drop me from workers comp and back was not

Healed properly. Long story short my back is acting up aging from the same injury and I’ve gotten and mri done and now I’m needing surgery from the same injury that occurred in 2011. Wanting to know if I can reopen the medical worker’s compensation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Lee Warren
Roy Lee Warren
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes you can apply to have the carrier pay continued medical benefits but since the Texas State Supreme Court (TSSC) has taken away the right of injured workers to sue carriers for bad faith most are lef with little to no remedy. The TSSC must believe the carriers will pay or reopen claims based on its "good nature" to help injured workers. Personally I just do not see it happening very often. However, if you need help the Division of WC can appoint an ombudsman to help file your medical dispute. I hope things work out for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.