Woods Cross, UT asked in Tax Law for Montana

Q: Hello. This is a question concerning what power the U.S. government has over other people’s property.

Can the I.R.S. legally find a way to reverse a quitclaim on the title to a person’s house if it was quitclaimed over from a mother to her child, who are still living together in the same house, before neither a lien nor a levy could end up being put on the property?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Yes, there's state and federal laws that reverse fraudulent teanfers or create third party liens where property was transferred for less than fair market value or in an attempt to defraud creditors.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.