Lewisburg, TN asked in Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: Will it go against the father of our child not allowing our 4 year old to have a phone conversation with his momma

The current custody order was wben our son was 6 months so any phone calls was not mention im wanting to petition the court for my son for alot of reasons, my ex wont allow my don to soeak to me on the phone would this go against him in court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bob G Huddleston Jr.
Bob G Huddleston Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cordova, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Petition the court for a modification of the visitation order to allow phone calls as the child can now speak on the phone when he wasn't able to when he was only six months old, more readily allowing you to maintain and strengthen the parental bond with your child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.