Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Hannah Burdine
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Elder Law for Tennessee on
Q: dad is 69 divorcing has become incapacitated wife placed him in nursing home no contact what can I do
Hannah Burdine
Hannah Burdine answered on Oct 28, 2020

Has your father filed for divorce or has his wife filed for divorce? If so, you can petition the court for a conservatorship over your father. If he is totally incapacitated, you would want a full conservatorship rather than a limited one.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Tennessee on
Q: when divorcing and husband owned the property prior to the marriage but said house burned 6 years into the marriage and

was rebuilt using funds from joint insurance on the house and they have been married 16+ years. what is legal division of property?

Hannah Burdine
Hannah Burdine answered on Oct 28, 2020

It depends on various factors. It sounds like there might be transmutation but I am not sure on this little bit of information. Was there a mortgage on the home at the time of the marriage or not? Did the Wife contribute to the homeowners' insurance, mortgage (if there was one), home equity... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Tennessee on
Q: Me and my husband seperated on mutual agreement. But was just trying to get a custody agreement in place. We have agree

On the parenting plan. Until we go for the divorce after the holidays. Ornis the best thing to just go for divorce and put the parenting plan in that decree.

Hannah Burdine
Hannah Burdine answered on Oct 28, 2020

Yes, the court will require that a Parenting Plan for the minor children of the marriage be included in order to grant the divorce.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee on
Q: Are there any documents can grant me permission to make legal decisions on my daughter's behalf?

My daughter has been incarcerated for a while and my 15 year old grandson has been in foster care since February 2020. I am a senior citizen and would like for him to come live with me. We have a court appointed attorney who is no help and refuses to share information! This man does not care how... Read more »

Hannah Burdine
Hannah Burdine answered on Oct 28, 2020

There are a couple of options: (1) you can petition the court for a legal guardianship over your grandson with your daughter's consent if her parental rights have not been terminated, or (2) you could petition the court for custody of your grandson, which could be done without your... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.