Asked in Civil Litigation for Puerto Rico

Q: Can a Class Act sue be done againt Asume de Puerto Rico? Or something in general to bring to light what going on

I have notice many father in the USA are suffering due to Asume lack of professionalism. Many have try resolving this issues of child support payments/arrears etc., with no success and have suffered for it, losing homes, jobs, etc...because they cant keep up with payments and payment that excess normal ranges. And God forbid the custodial parent knows someone in the system then your really screwed. Yes that's how PR system works. Is as corrupted as the government itself. My question is what can we FATHERS do to protect ourselves. Where are the rights for the fathers that are trying there best and making payments.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. To file a class action suit against a Government and/or it's agencies is a very expensive and burdenous venture to under take.

Attempting to resolve a matter with ASUME on your own has proven over and over again to be a fruitless process. ASUME hardly answers the phones nor returns calls, the mailing process are unknown and the process always results un the creation of a huge debt. Your complaints are those of many Fathers.

However by hiring an Attorney to handle the process of your ASUME case you willnot have these problems. Time is of essence and must be complied with. If you wait too long then the debt continúes to grow. As soon as ASUME sends a claim an Attorney should answer within thirty days or sooner since the debt begins to grow from the day that the claim for child support is filed in ASUME. So the date of claim versus the date claim is notified can eaisily have a thirty days difference thus creating a thirty day debt from the startup. This keeps growing as each day passes. Thus your only solutión is to react fast to any letter you receive from ASUME and always use an Attorney for any ASUME matter.

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.


2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.