Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: arrested with DWI 3rd but brought evidence that DWI 2nd was dismissed DWI 3rd dismissed

resisting charge was from same arrest and going to jury trail no option was given for speedy trial excessive force of officer and never shown warrant for blood and only pulled my own arm away could it get dismissed and I could ask permission to sue

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Sterling Guest
Robert Sterling Guest
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Forney, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you are set for a jury trial you need to have a criminal defense lawyer representing you. Could you get the resisting dismissed? You need a lawyer to see how likely that is. Most prosecutors are reluctant to dismiss resisting cases, but I'm not sure which court this is in. Can you ask for permission to sue? You don't really need permission to sue, you need the right facts and a great lawyer. The problem is in Texas it's almost impossible to sue the police. They have immunity in many cases. Still, you need to hire a lawyer to defend you in the criminal case. That's the first thing to focus on.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.