Zillah, WA asked in Family Law for Washington

Q: For visitation parenting plan requires drug, alcohol treatment & monthly urine tests. Who do I send results to?

I have sent proof/ results to grandparents with custody, but they ignore them and respond to my efforts to set up visitation with designated supervisor wirh letters reminding me of the requirements

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin R. Richardson
Kevin R. Richardson
  • Seattle, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: It sounds very much like you need to get the courts involved. And it also sounds like there may already be certain requirements in place regarding a Third Party Custody case.

You should set up an appointment right away with an attorney as this area of law is a bit complicated and the particular facts of your case, and even the court, may determine what is the best course for you to take.

Long story short, at a minimum people need to follow the existing orders; and if they are don't, then the court can compel their cooperation or even change the order. At the other end of the things, you need to make sure that the court is following the legal requirements for placing your child outside of parental care and you may even be able to undo what was done before.

Best of luck. -Kevin

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.