Glen Burnie, MD asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Maryland

Q: If workers comp doc clears me and my doc says I need light duty for 2 more weeks, can I appeal?

I hurt my back, and it is all muscular spasms and pain. The workers comp doc didn't even give a decent assessment and kept telling me to be quiet as I was trying to answer his questions. I have been working light duty, not missing work, just not able to work in my dept. I feel I was treated very badly at that doctors visit. Now I am being yelled at by my boss that I should have returned on the day of my apt as that is when I was cleared. I still have received no notice of this but my occupational health dept did. I just got a letter to extend out my light duty for 2 more weeks by my doctor. My job is saying workers comp overrides them even though I received this letter a week after w.comp clearance. I was seen by an orthopedic doctor who does not have a spine fellowship listed as his education. My initial injury was to my shoulder and back. Shoulder is fine, my back continues to hurt, but recently has felt like it was starting to improve.

1 Lawyer Answer
Eric Todd Kirk
Eric Todd Kirk pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You will need to hire an experienced workers' compensation attorney to pursue a claim for temporary total/temporary partial wage loss benefits for you. This is a complex claim and a decision by a judge of compensation claims is necessary to resolve the conflict between doctors.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.