Clinton Township, MI asked in Family Law for Michigan

Q: I have a 12 yr old daughter and her mother has a no contact order where I can’t see or talk to my daughter. I can’t

Afford an attorney, so what can I do to get this order stopped. Her mother has 8 other children and there is an open CPS case right now involving one of her siblings. My daughter also had some history of cutting herself because she wanted to be with me and her mom won’t let her. I have been in my daughters life all of her life up until the past 1 and a half that I have not been able to see her. I am so desperate and I don’t want to do anything thst will get me locked up. Can you please direct me on what I can do, please?!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew M Steiger
Andrew M Steiger
  • St. Clair Shores, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If you cannot afford a lawyer, reach out to a local legal aid group. Contact the Michigan State Bar if you need help looking that up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.