Keystone Heights, FL asked in Divorce and Family Law for Alabama

Q: what do I need to file to keep ex husbands alcoholic girlfriend away from our children?

We have joint custody, he gets every other weekend visitation. During his visitation our kids have to witness his girlfriend verbally abuse him. She makes vile remarks about his man parts, yells and screams, becomes out of control on alcohol in front of the kids. Police have been called out numerous times because of her behavior. (Ex husband calls them) Ex husband only agrees to keep the kids away from her when they are not on good terms. His girlfriend and him share a lease together. Is there something I can file to prevent our children from witnessing this behavior during his visitation weekends?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristine Jones
Kristine Jones
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Hello. You can try and file a PFA on behalf of your kids against the g/f. Or, file for a modification of custody and see if that gets the attention of dad regarding who he chooses to have around his children. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.