Seagoville, TX asked in Child Support for Oklahoma

Q: Never married, had a kid and we broke up. Will the state of Oklahoma make him pay child support without me filing for iT

He feels like he doesn’t have to pay because he has the child every 2 weeks.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: There are two things that will bring child support into play. The first is whether a paternity case is filed. The other issue is if the child is being provided State services such as SoonerCare. There are a lot of reasons Paternity should be established and a set visitation and child support schedule be put into place. If you need help with this, give us a call at 918-884-7791 Boeheim Freeman Law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.