Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: I was given custody of my grandchildren here in Broward County Florida They were taken into DCF custody in Hillsboro Co

Where does the mother file for her rights back ?Originally they resided in Hillsboro

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Clermont, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The Mother would have to make herself available in the dependency case in order to ensure her rights are not terminated and to litigate that case. If you were given custody of the children at some point, you should contact the Department to see if they would consider you as a placement for the children, in the interim, to avoid the children being placed in foster care or remain in foster care. I am sure the more details are provided the different the answer would be, but I am providing this answer based on the facts above. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.