Rocky Mount, NC asked in Civil Litigation and Health Care Law for North Carolina

Q: Can I sue my oxygen company for their treatment of me which caused me to suffer health problems?

I have emphysema and my oxygen supplier company decided to switch me to another company and they worked with the other company and did not notify me of the switch until all was settled and then they notified me that the new company would come out the day they notified me and switch me from liquid oxygen tanks to concentrators. The liquid oxygen tanks can handle my high leder numbers and do not require electricity. The concentrator requires electricity and the liquid oxygen tanks do not required electricity and due to the frequent electrical outages In my area the liquid oxygen tanks serves me well and keeps my mind at ease from running out of oxygen. In trying to resolve this problem, I suffered more frequent severe shortness breath and also pain in my chest due to their treatment of me. Do I have a case to sue the company that caused my physical distress? There is more to my situation and would like to discuss it with a lawyer. I need a lawyer in Henderson or Durham, NC.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This could turn into a complex lawsuit, both for the relationships between the multiple parties and for the technical attributes of the equipment. You say you want to discuss it with a lawyer in Henderson or Durham. This isn't really a lawyer referral service here; it's only a Q & A Board. You could use the Find-a-Lawyer tab above to search for North Carolina lawyers, you could conduct your own searches, or you could check if the North Carolina Bar Association has resources that could be helpful in finding someone. I hope you're able to find a solution that addresses your medical needs in a cost-effective manner. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.