Crestview, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: My ex-girlfriend is attempting to get her Probation moved out of state while she is pregnant with my child.What can I do

She has refused a paternity test while Pregnant. I attempted to talk to the probation officer. He didn't really tell me anything besides he can't confirm or deny what she is trying to do. She has blocked my number and blocked me on all social media outlets. I found this out through her friends. She has a colored past and doesn't make the best decisions. 4 violations of probation because of her refusal to quit smoking Marijuana and doing other substances. Is there something I can file to keep her in state and to take a paternity test?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • North Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your question leads to more questions. How far along is she? First, if she wants to move her probation to another state, the judge on her case must approve the move. If the judge is OK with it, there's nothing you can do to stop her from moving. 2nd, if she is still in the early terms of pregnancy, there are some fundamental rights that she posses. Even if you are the presumptive father, she is entitled to make certain decisions without your consent. Once the child is born, you can petition the court for a paternity test.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.