Claremore, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Fixing to file for divorce and would it be possible make to where wife can't not live or have a man around my children

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud

A: In many divorce decrees, there is a clause that says that neither party may have an overnight guest, or be an overnight guest, of someone of the opposite sex while that person has physical custody of the children.

When you get divorced, you may ask the judge if this clause can be in your decree. Some judges will say yes.

However, if your wife remarries, she may have her new husband around the kids.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.