Starkville, MS asked in Civil Litigation and Insurance Bad Faith for Mississippi

Q: Asking for son. He is 100% disabled from a oil field accident and is a widower with very little money.

A tree fell into his house but insurance engineer states it did not photo's show different. It has 9 broken 2x6's. He was put in hospital after the insurance company was told his condition and continued to call, have medical records. Have their engineering report which is bad and they missed much of the damage. I have another report that states damage and did see broken beams. The damage amount is not large but the bad faith is. I am a retired broker, appraiser and state licensed rebuild contractor. I do not hear well on phone wife's number is 662-825-0202 He need an attorney to go after the bad faith side of claim. Thank you for any assistance you can give my son.

1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: It sounds like there is definitely the beginnings of a bad faith claim. I would highly encourage you to reach out to a lawyer. You can reach out to any lawyer on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most of us, myself included, are happy to provide a free consultation to see how we can help out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.