Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: How can I avoid going to jail after being arrested for a probation violation for not complying with probation 2nc MTR.

I was in an abusive relationship and my boyfriend wouldn't allow me to go anywhere. He took all the money I had and wouldn't allow me to have a phone..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Staci Krause
Staci Krause
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Tell your lawyer those facts. I would also suggest you do things proactively to show that you are serious about your probation, prior to your court date. Enroll and attend any classes you were asked to do, report as you are required from here on out, provide clean drug tests, and just generally comply with your probation while waiting for this MTR to be handled. 2nd MTRs are tough to beat in most jurisdictions, so a lot will depend on where you are located.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.