Asked in Probate for Massachusetts

Q: I have account with Exxonmobil; they are failing to provide me with my PIN. 2 years+ went by. What are my rights?

The money is a result of a divorce settlement (april 2017). My ex bought my half of our house and agreed to pay me from his retirement account with Exxonmobil .The QDRO was transferred to Voya that now has an account under my name and they are failing to provide me with a PIN. I had to move to France in December 2017 (mom was sick). Change of address (notary signed and everything) was made and Voya has made at least 3 attempts to send to me the PIN. I had to move to a mobil home and I am exhausting my financial resources. Voya doesn't wanna email me the PIN. What are my rights please?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: So, this is actually a divorce QDRO issue and I believe that you can request paper statements to be sent to you once the account is set up for you ( which you seem to be saying has in fact occurred. You can deal with the Plan Administrator's office directly if you are having difficulty.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.