Asked in Bankruptcy for Massachusetts

Q: my ex husband and his lawyer made a whole case against me, with no proof. Shouldn't I have been able to defend myself?

Every trial they brought up the most disturbing cases against me. I would either have the proof, which I gave my attorney, who NEVER fought for me, or I would get it right after trial. But NEVER able to defend myself. Me and my lawyer sat quietly the whole time while they badgered me over and over. When I would present my proof to my attorney he'd just say "Jen it's just hearsay", "he said, she said." Which was very frustrating for me because it's not hearsay when I have prove they were lying and hiding everything. It's been almost 4 years since our divorce and I still have all my proof. I am now putting everything together in simple form and plan on going back to court. Also he refuses the court order to give me half the equity of the house, was supposed to be done 3 years ago. Also I highly believe he hid his retirement and 401k, which I have. He forged my name on about $20,000 worth of checks. He filed personal bankruptcy and left me with the derogatory bank acts.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You need to have a new attorney look at your case immediately. There may be several things you can do.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.