Birmingham, AL asked in Divorce for Alabama

Q: Do I have to still file

My husband had came out he is a woman Is taken med and going to have surgery .and has gone to courts to legally have name changed do we have to for a divorce since that man no longer exist

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kate Furek
Kate Furek
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: If you are seeking a divorce, then you will not be divorced until either an uncontested or contested divorce has been started and a Judge enters a Final Judgment of Divorce. To avoid any issues, the best way to do this is to contact an attorney who practices Family Law where you live.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.