Mcallen, TX asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: I am disabled in probation with an officer who don't specialize with people with needs and on SSI what can I do?


1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It's not fair to say your attorney did nothing since you are on probation when you could be doing hard time in the state penitentiary after being charged with FELONY DWI and entering a plea of Guilty, or No Contest which is the same as Guilty. If the probation officer told you to pay what you can then he is already making SOME accommodations for your poverty. Your options are to hire an attorney to try to get the terms of probation modified or perhaps you could ask the judge to revoke your probation and allow you to simply serve the time in prison. Most would say that is a bad idea but some just want to do their time and get it over with.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.